We hope you will be at this year’s IOCDF conference in San Francisco! OCD SoCal is holding several events that we invite you to attend:
1. OCD Southern California Member Meeting (bring your lunch!)
When: Saturday July 8, 11:15am-12:30pm
Where: Willow, B2 Lower Level
2. IOCDF Exhibit Booth for OCD SoCal
When: Saturday July 8, 5:30-7:00pm
Where: Salon 7
Please join us and meet others in our affiliate and help brainstorm for upcoming events!
– OCD SoCal Board of Directors
OCD SoCal would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who made our 1 Million Steps 4 OCD walks last weekend a huge success! We had over 100 individuals (and a few dogs!) who attended our walks in Orange County, San Diego, and Los Angeles on June 3, 2017. Together, we raised over $3600 to support the important work being done by the International OCD Foundation and OCD SoCal!
We were overwhelmed by the amount of support we received for these events! In particular we would like to thank the following OCD clinicians and researchers who attended our events and took part in the post-walk Q&A sessions:
Rodney Boone PhD – Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center
Shanda Curiel, PsyD & Jessica Lynch MAAT – Resilience Treatment Center
Eda Gorbis PhD – Westwood Institute for Anxiety Disorders
Jim Hatton PhD – private practice
Rachael Hatton MFT – private practice
Jake Knapik PsyD & Cloris Brown BA – Renewed Freedom Center for Rapid Anxiety Relief
Jennie Kuckertz MS – San Diego State University Center for Understanding and Treating Anxiety
Tina Mayes PhD – San Diego VA
Melissa Mose, LMFT – private practice
Sean Sassano MD – private practice
Sanjaya Saxena MD & Marieke Toffolo PhD – University of California, San Diego OCD Clinic
Jeff Schanowitz PhD – private practice
James Shenk PhD, Misha Marjani PhD, Lesley Dorfman PhD – Cognitive Therapy Institute
Annabelle Parr (clinic coordinator) – Center for Anxiety and Stress Management
Chris Trondsen BA – The Gateway Institute
Barbara Van Noppen PhD – University of Southern California
Naomi Zwecker PhD – OCD & Anxiety Program of Southern California
We would also like to thank the local businesses that donated refreshments and/or provided space for these events! We are grateful for their support!
La Jolla Shores Hotel
Smart and Final
Stay tuned for upcoming OCD SoCal programs, including our OCD SoCal meeting at the International OCD Foundation’s annual conference, to be held July 7-9, 2017 in San Francisco!
A message from the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF):
Mental illness doesn’t discriminate — and everyone deserves access to effective treatment for OCD and related disorders. As part of our diversity initiative, we need the participation of the greater OCD community to help spread the word. Here is how:
1) We would like to make a video accessible to everyone, so we are seeking participants who speak a language in addition to English to participate. If you speak a non-English language, please make a video of yourself saying the phrase “Effective treatment for everyone” in your chosen language.
2) Once recorded, please upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and include how the phrase would be written in your chosen language.
3) Contact IOCDF by sharing your video on Facebook or Twitter using the #IOCDF4ALL, or by messaging us on Facebook or emailing us at info@IOCDF.org to share the link to your video and let us know that you have participated.
We will edit all of these videos together and if yours is chosen, you will see this video on our website, social media and at the Annual OCD Conference.